Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-19-2019, 11:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know. I'd guess that's an internal thing and they don't announce each step once they're cleared because, i'd imagine, there is a possibility for relapse at any time. 

If he's announced a "full go", that means literally everything. Same as with him listed as FP on the injury report on Wednesday before it was changed to DNP with a NIR (not injury related) on Thursday and Friday. 

The smoking gun seems to be the blowup and him leaving, asking to be traded, because the Bengals expected him on the field, ready to go, and he didn't feel he was ready. Like the link i posted before, that's not in his hands to decide. The docs say when he's ready and when they say go, he's expected to go. I think that backs up your argument that he's not dogging it. He was cleared, but didn't feel he was ready to play in a game yet. That's when the dispute/walkout/fine happened. 

The Bengals also cleared Ben Utecht to return to play after his career ending concussion when he told them he wasn't ready.  He filed a grievance and won his arbitration because he "had not been sufficiently tested, both in his aerobic and strength reconditioning program, nor had he been tested in sport-specific activities, which would be a more accurate means of determining whether the damage caused by the concussion had 'cleared.' "  The Bengals aren't following the return to play protocol so they're making the same mistakes all over again.  If Glenn files a grievance over this he'll win, just like Utecht.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217129/article/ben-utecht-awarded-remainder-of-his-2009-salary-by-arbitrator

Hey, XandOs, I guess Utecht was a malingerer faking an injury which can't be confirmed with a image or a lab test?  And in your professional opinion, he didn't have a concussion because it lasted more than 8 weeks . . . which would make it a TBI?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-20-2019, 01:01 AM