Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-20-2019, 12:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sorry to hear it, but that is how I see it.

Do you remember how the Ravens were created?  The Jags?  Those teams had instant credibility because of the talent on their lines.  We need to ditch the "only a few pieces away" and really overhaul the roster.  To do that, we have to eschew the QB in next year's draft and try to get a haul for our first round pick.  I honestly see Miami winning before the Bengals.  There are more guys injured (are they really?  Or do they just not want to play?) and guys quitting (Glenn) here than anywhere else to my knowledge.  Could have first overall pick.  If they draft a 6'1" QB without mobility, it will not improve this team at all.  If they trade it with Miami even jor a few spots, it should yield an additional first rounder.  Get two Pro Bowlers with those first two picks (easier said than done, I know) and make some key FA acquisitions (I see the Bengals actually doing this as they might otherwise have to pay people to come to their games) and get competitive fairly quickly.  

Dalton is under contract one more year.  They will likely still be (well) below .500 next year and can test out Finley or even Dolegala before settling on a QB in the draft.  

So, instead of getting a subdural hematoma every time it comes up, maybe look at it as just waiting on the QB until Fields is in the draft and getting key talent at key positions while Dalton is still under contract.  Do you really think they would be able to move Dalton or start Tua over him?  That is why I would see that as a wasted year.  

I'm not a Tua fan. Fromm is Dalton 2.0. Herbert is just too inconsistent and his accuracy sufferes more often than not when pressured and he looks a bit skittish there. Right now, i'm more of an Eason and Burrow fan. Hurts looks like a guy whose stock is rising and probably could be gotten sometime from the 2nd round on. 

I've said it at least 5 different times in different threads but free agency and being bad is a good recipe for improving your team dramatically. It's how the NFL is structured. 

As i've said, it would take dealing someone and finding a way to get back in the first round but they can draft a QB, draft a G, sign a T and LB, draft more LBs and Oline (as well as all the other usual positions in the draft) and be competitive next year, with a young, talented QB and a rebuilt offensive line. 

It is very easily doable for any team that really wants to win. That is where the real issue lies. The Bengals aren't the kind of team to make those moves because they're backwards-ass half-wits (sorry, got angrier as this post went on Sad ). 

But it can be done by the start of next season. QB and Oline and LBs all in one offseason. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - rfaulk34 - 10-20-2019, 12:40 PM