Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will Bengals trade before deadline?
Here's what I think will happen:

Longer term plan:

AJ resigned to a multi-year deal, once he plays a game or two, probably London game and then that's it as long as he's healthy. For this rebuild they will need a solid veteran to help the new rookie QB and I think AJ wants to stay.

Dalton doesn't get resigned and sticks around next year to mentor whomever we draft in the first few picks at QB. After that we let him walk and somebody signs him as their backup or worst case we keep him as the Bengals backup for 2021.

Short Term plan, setting up for long run:

I could see Mixon getting traded (even potentially asking for a trade at this point) if anyone offered a 3rd round or better I say we take it. Atkins could get traded too, same deal, take a 3rd or better for him. Dunlap I could see getting traded, not sure what he's worth though, maybe a fourth? Could also see Erikson getting traded to the Pats or something like that, sell while he's high kind of thing.

Ok all this being said, this is what I would like to see them do, but what do I think they will do? Probably nothing or very little. I think they hold onto whomever they can for cheap, draft a QB high and try and draft O-line and LB's and hit the later draft lottery like we have been for a while now. Tobin is just a dinosaur in terms of strategy and planning for the team.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who will Bengals trade before deadline? - WestCoastBengalsFan - 10-22-2019, 01:00 AM