Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-21-2019, 08:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: What he does have is a lot of intangibles that are hard to teach. He's very good at using his eyes to look off defenders. He has good touch and placement, and the arm is good enough. He can throw guys open.

Not a knock on OSU, but Urban Meyer coached QBs don't have the best track record at the next level. I believe it's the system he runs is very QB friendly at the college level, but doesn't translate well at the next level. Not a knock on Bama either, but they are surrounded by elite players in both sides of the ball.

I can't recall any OSU QBs making an impact on the league, and the last from Bama was Ken Stabler. Meanwhile, look at NCSt. Just my opinion but lately it seems the best QBs are ones who carry their teams in college and not the other way around.

Pretty fair point, but I look at how Fields is so big and strong, has a cannon arm, and great mobility and I see him thriving in the NFL.  If not Fields, I just want a very mobile QB. A lot of people said DeShawn Watson and Lamar Jackson were system QBs and they wouldn't be successful in the NFL and they have made a real impact so far..largely due to their athleticism. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - SHRacerX - 10-22-2019, 07:31 AM