Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
I read the entirety of Taylor's statement. I recommend you read it, as it is a very gripping, holistic chronological recount of the events.
You can find it here.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/politics/bill-taylor-opening-statement-congress/index.html

And it's the definition of "damning" if it's the truth.

Page 1
Quote:However, in August and September of this year, I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular, informal channel of U.S. policy-making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons.

Page 5
Quote:By mid-July it was becoming clear to me that the meeting President Zelenskyy wanted was conditioned on the investigations of Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections. It was also clear that this condition was driven by the irregular policy channel I had come to understand was guided by Mr. Giuliani.

Page 9
Quote:By mid-August, because the security assistance had been held for over a month for no reason that I could discern, I was beginning to fear that the longstanding U.S. policy of strong support for Ukraine was shifting...I asked [Morrison] if there had been a change in policy of strong support for Ukraine, to which he responded "it remains to be seen." He also told me during this call that the "President doesn't want to provide any assistance at all."

Page 10
Quote:Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation.

Page 11
Quote:During that phone call [with Sondland], Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelenskyy to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

Quote:...Ambassador Sondland said, "everything" was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy "in a public box" by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.

Page 12
Quote:President Trump said it was not a "quid pro quo." Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelenskyy and Mr. Yermak and told them that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelenskyy did not "clear things up" in public, we would be at a "stalemate." I understood a "stalemate" to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance.

Page 13
Quote:...Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check...I argued to both that the explanation made no sense: the Ukrainians did not "owe" President Trump anything, and holding up security assistance for domestic political gain was "crazy," as I had said in my text message to Ambassadors Sondland and Volker on September 9."

Taylor's opening statement was that there was an explicit Quid Pro Quo. The quote from Page 12 is especially interesting because it is a recounting of Sondland telling President Zelenskyy that it was not a Quid Pro Quo, but [insert the literal definition of a Quid Pro Quo].

Page 13 is interesting as well because it details how Trump seems to think Ukraine owes America something for the assistance. Implicitly...investigations into Burisma (and, by extension, Joe/Hunter Biden) and the 2016 election?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - CJD - 10-23-2019, 07:57 AM