Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-23-2019, 12:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Graham is drafting a resolution to condemn the impeachment inquiry. He said "Here's the point of the resolution: Any impeachment vote based on this process, to me, is illegitimate, is unconstitutional, and should be dismissed in the Senate without a trial,"

Of course, nothing that the House is doing is unconstitutional, and he knows that.

(10-23-2019, 08:29 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Taylor has given around 50 years of service to this country in the military and in foreign service, serving administrations of both sides since Reagan. He chose to enroll in West Point and serve during Vietnam. I only wish the people currently seeking to discredit Taylor and dismiss his testimony as nothing more than a partisan smear effort had half the sense of duty to the public this man has. Instead, we get talking points that are crafted in a way to intentionally spread false ideas about how this process is intended to work. Yes, the Democrats did themselves no favors by talking impeachment from day one as they have made it more difficult to defend what is occurring as a legitimate thing, but for ***** sake, why are so many Republicans willing to bow down to this wannabe autocrat? I cannot understand how anyone that took the oath that our elected officials take can in any sort of good faith go out there and say the things they have been saying.

The one thing DJT was good at was manipulating the press about himself.

What he didn't realize was that once he was outside of New York the lights get brighter and everything gets shown.  He wanted the bright lights but not the people looking where the shadows were.

(10-23-2019, 08:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The thing that makes the least amount of sense to me is that...behind closed doors many Republicans have admitted to not even liking Trump. They could have their Christian, Conservative President in Pence if they just...agreed that the crimes Trump crimed were actually crimes. 

I have no idea why they wouldn't want Pence instead of Trump unless they actually like the racist, autocratic, sexist and overall adversarial and confrontational tone added on top of the purported goals of Christian/Conservative beliefs.

They think Pence is "safe".  All of the GOP loves: anti-abortion, anti-gay, prot tax cuts, etc...without the scandals and craziness of DJT. As if the stench of Trump won't stick to him?

Add in they have no guts or souls left and the choice is easy for them.  

Let me add that if Trump resigns or this gets worse for him and they do impeach the entire right wing will deny they ever supported him in the first place.  And they will be led by the Weasel Graham.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 10-23-2019, 09:04 AM