Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor fails to win a single game
(09-21-2019, 04:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I was thinking if Taylor’s Bengals go 0-16 would it change the way you view Marvin as a HC. May not be fair since Taylor has a different staff but many of the key players are the same. I don’t think Marvin is with any team at the moment but maybe Marvin will actually benefit from a winless season. I’ve been as critical as anyone wanting Marvin gone years ago. In no way what so ever am I suggesting we bring him back, or if we are better with or without Marvin. I know there are a few here that think any kind of signification change with this organization will automatically damn us back to the 90’s. I’m Just curious what everyone thinks.

I will think of how the team looked against Seattle.  And I will give him at least three years to build the team he envisions.  Marvin was great for the Bengals as a whole when he started.  He got the team believing and did the enviable task of "changing the culture" but he stonewalled as a game manager and old-school mentality.  The SD playoff game should have been his exit.  It would have shown the team and community just getting there wasn't enough.  

This team is going to have to change their M.O. and trade veteran players for draft picks, trade their first rounder this year, and bring in at least 5 quality free agents.  I understand their reluctance to bring in the very top, a la OBJ, but there were a lot of defensive players that could have made a big difference as this offense finds its way.  They will likely have to overpay, or at least up the guarantee....They made this bed, and they are the only ones that can get out of it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Taylor fails to win a single game - SHRacerX - 10-24-2019, 08:50 AM