Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapoport: The Bengals have told anyone who listen they don't plan on doing any deals
(10-27-2019, 09:42 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Did they come out and say that they weren't trading Palmer as well?  I honestly can't remember.

This seems like some absurd "art of the deal" wannabe type of behavior at first blush.  Any player in the league can be had for the right price.  If you're willing to ship your next 10 years worth of draft picks to the Patriots, Tom Brady is all yours.  I wish that they'd stop playing these games - McCarron could've hypothetically netted some decent draft capital if they hadn't stuck their noses in the air and pretended that anyone on their roster was worth the moon.  They tried this very same tactic of waiting until the deadline and asking for the moon with McCarron - which the Browns FO exploited by offering a "trade" for McCarron and "botching it."  Gee, I guess they're really "incompetent" over there, pulling a stunt that prevented the Bengals from trading a dude who's out of the league for something better than a ham sandwich.  

Anyhow, I don't agree with a firesale, or shipping out good players who would prefer to stay put just for the sake of shipping them - BUT - this team is a long ways away from competing for a championship.  There is no way to get close without drafting young, talented players.  A lot of them!  

I don't remember if they came right out and said they weren't going to trade Palmer. I do know that Mike Brown was content to be a stubborn ass, and let him sit to prove some point. When Jason Campbell got hurt, and Hue Jackson had the Raiders at 8 wins they got desperate, and made an offer he couldn't refuse. Mike's familiarity with Hue may have also played a role. Hue was also involved in the McCarron non trade.

Also AJ McCarron is on the Houston Texans, but your point still stands.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rapoport: The Bengals have told anyone who listen they don't plan on doing any deals - jason - 10-27-2019, 10:07 AM
RE: - Pat5775 - 10-27-2019, 11:21 AM