Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't help but wonder, when will we be back ?
Votto even after his usual terrible start to the season still finished with a .261 BA. By just about any standard that's fairly remarkable considering where he was as late as the ASG. While I would love to see him hit at least .300 for the season I think .275 would be quite acceptable.  Votto's been a very good player for quite some time and has shown no indication of disloyalty to the franchise. I just don't get the consistent hatred towards one of the best players this team has had over the time he's been a Reds player. I get that many people think he's overpaid, but so what?  Every player is overpaid in every pro sport with a 3 letter acronym for a name. The Reds committed to Votto when he was still tearing up the league, but the moment he showed any signs of age people act as if he's the only player to ever slow down after reaching 33 years old. 
I'm kind of from the old school of wanting certain players to retire with the team after having earned his respect from fans. If any player with team over the past 10 years have earned our respect it's Joey Votto.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't help but wonder, when will we be back ? - grampahol - 10-27-2019, 06:56 PM