Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
Frankly, I see this team as eroding rapidly. The established stars who have made a difference in the past are all aging and the recent drafts have not brought in any difference makers. This has resulted in a roster which is getting more and more depleted each season.

The free agents that have been brought in are largely cast offs from their former teams and who rarely are better than the player they replaced.

The team's refusal to use free agency to upgrade talent, their inability to identify impact players with their 1st round draft picks and their mis-judgement of the value and skills of players they let go in free agency have all combined to produce this eroding roster.

Add to that a new coaching staff which is in way, way over its head and we have an 0-8 team, the worst start for a new head coach in Bengals history.

What does this have to do with Chase Young? Well, I'd love to see Young on this defense. He can play left or right side and he's an impact player. Witness Nick Bosa's 3 sack, 1 INT day today against Carolina. Young is even better as his first step is so fast and he's a good run defender to boot.

But, for that to work, the Bengals would also need to fill needs in free agency and fill those positions with upgrades. Hopkins is a free agent coming up and who's to say Mike Brown will value him enough to re-sign him? So we actually could be looking for a new Center. Imagine that. We could spent 4 draft picks on the OL alone, if we wanted to revamp and upgrade it across the board.

Does anyone actually believe this front office is capable of doing what needs to be done?

Does this front office even believe in itself? I doubt it. They have to be doubting themselves right now. Not just on draft choices, but on coaching and free agent choices as well.

I'd feel sorry for Young if he were drafted by a Mike Brown run team.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengal FB groups suddenly have "Chase Young Fever" - BengalChris - 10-27-2019, 09:20 PM