Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Middle of the Field is Still Wide Open
(10-27-2019, 09:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now I know most of you on here hate to talk about defense but someone needs to ask Lou Anarumo about why the middle of the field is always open.  Cooper Kupp got most of his yards on crossing routes or wheel routes in the middle of the field where the Bengals placed zero defenders.  Zero. Think of that.  The Rams feasted on that arrangement for most of the game.  

What’s the answer?  Well, dropping Germaine Pratt into coverage isn’t a solution, is it?  That was an epic fail.  I thought Lou was a secondary expert.

I think Pratt has actually been ok, but when I see our FS bailing out of the picture a good 30 yards downfield (and still backpedaling like he is fielding a punt) and then the WR or TE for the Rams catches a ball about 15 yards downfield, the FS rallies up to tackle (and usually misses).  It is the softest coverage and Akili Smith would be able to read those voids in coverage.  

I swear the defense is so bad right now....I have no idea where to start, but doing the same thing they have been doing surely isn't working.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Middle of the Field is Still Wide Open - SHRacerX - 10-28-2019, 07:57 AM