Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow this model for rebuild: 49ers
(10-28-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Right...and one wonders why teams like the 49ers, Patriots, and Steelers have 2 to 3 times the personnel in the areas that handle draft and scouting.

And that isn't ever going to change so quit repeating it. Makes me want to quit being a fan cause it is hopeless...

(10-28-2019, 11:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bingo   ThumbsUp

It's been said hundreds of times but anyways, this team is still reeling from the giant whiff of the 2015 draft. Of those 9 picks 1 is still on the team - Uzomah. For a team that relies so heavily on the draft a FUBAR like that resonates for years after.

Then take the 2017 draft into consideration. #1 Ross he can't stay on the field. #2 Mixon umm ok #3 Willis - gone #4 Lawson - see Ross #4A Malone - gone #4B Glasgow ok.

Then 2018 #1 Price, serious questions #2 Bates still hope I guess ? #3A Hubbard - good one #3B Jefferson - gone #4 Walton - gone.

2015 - 6 picks in first four rounds - none still on team

2017 - again 6 picks in first four rounds - 2 are gone, 2 can't stay on the field

2018 - 5 picks in first four rounds - 2 are gone, and 1 is regressing badly

You simply can't miss on that many of your picks in the first 4 rounds of three drafts !

Spot on brother.  Mellow

(10-28-2019, 12:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: The free agents are the last piece of the rebuild. We are 2-3 years away from finishing it off with FA's we need a couple solid drafts first, but we also need to admit we are rebuilding before any of that can start.

0-8 should give these guys a little hint that we are on the rebuild.

I never would of thought this going into the season but the ones saying this were correct and so are you as usual.

(10-28-2019, 01:03 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Chase Young in the first and Jacob Eason in the second sounds like a solid plan.  I just don't know if Eason gets to the second round (assuming he even declares).  Plus, he strikes me as a pure pocket passer, which is entirely predicated on having a great offensive line - which we do not currently have.

Does sound like a solid plan, i agree with you on Eason though. Need to get a QB with great pocket awareness and
great feet. Might need to roll with Finley next season and go for Fields, Herbert or Lawrence in 21 as SHRacer said.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Follow this model for rebuild: 49ers - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-28-2019, 02:12 PM
Follow this model for rebuild: 49ers - ah5 - 10-29-2019, 11:53 AM