Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell happened to Billy?
LOL at all those people that are claiming they "knew" Price was just terrible.

If I recall, there were 3 consensus top Centers. Ragnow, Price and Daniels.

Daniels was the "weakest" of the 3 being called a "pure center" and more of a technician than having raw talent. Price was right there with Ragnow as being the "best". Price was considered a naturally talented player but that he needed help with his technique. The belief was that NFL coaches will improve his lack of technique and build up from his talent.

Ragnow was considered a cross between the 2. He wasn't as technically sound as Daniels and he wasn't a naturally talented as Price. Many gave Ragnow a slight edge over Price but still considered Price to be a solid starter for any team that drafted him.

Ragnow went to Detroit before our pick, so it isn't known if we would have taken Ragnow over Price or not. However it is known that we passed on Daniels for Price.

Now the key with Price is the coaching. Frank Pollack picked Price and early signs were that Price would develop. Yet we let Pollack go (either he quit, we fired or mutual parting of the ways)* and replaced Pollack with Jim Turner. Turner has 25 years experience, 2 in the NFL. He is a college coach (his last stint was at Texas A&M) that has been given an NFL OLine. He was terrible in Miami and not only knew about the Martin situation, he also took part of it. Price needed the stability of Pollack and the experience that Pollack has as an OLine player.

*I just read an article that Taylor was the one that requested that we move on from Pollack and to change to Jim Turner. If that is true, then this is a very questionable decision by Taylor. Pollack should have stayed and Turner, if brought in, should have been as an assistant.

I didn't expect much from this season. Not surprised that we are struggling. To me the key will be what we do in the offseason. While I am not a fan of Turner as the OLine. I will trust that this could be just a 1st year growing pains. Sure I wish we came out on fire and ZT being called the hottest young HC, I am curious to see what he does with 3 years of drafting. This year was Meh... the only pick I liked was J. Williams. What I will look for come draft time, is to see if he panics and selects a QB or if he stays cool, while being scrutinized, and selects Andrew Thomas followed by hopefully Soloman Kindley, but if not Kindley, get me Bredeson out of Michigan in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the hell happened to Billy? - J24 - 10-28-2019, 06:08 PM
RE: What the hell happened to Billy? - OswaldsLegacy - 10-28-2019, 09:16 PM