Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks not penalized on crucial play at end of game
(10-06-2015, 12:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He should have just grabbed it.

I had the Seahawks D in my big money league and I kept flipping out thinking that I was going to lose by one point because I would have gotten two if he had recovered the fumble.b 

That's a screwed up rule all the way around. A Redskin running back fumbled the ball just short of the goal out of bounds(this year) as it passed through the endzone. In that case, it's a turnover spotted on the 20, just as it would have been if either the Seahawk defender recovered the fumble which he could have easily done, or the ball rolled out of bounds on it's own. I think the whole rule is screwed up, if it's fumbled short of the goal (even if it rolls through the endzone) it should go back to the offensive team at the spot of the fumble; I can see not advancing it to a TD , but a touchback....really??? People are crying about this decision, and rightfully so; but they're really crying about the wrong thing, the rule itself needs changed. In other news, they asked some Patriots player about it, and he knew it was an illegal bat; said they practiced that very play. I'll bet good ole Marvin would have been pretty clueless had it happened to us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seahawks not penalized on crucial play at end of game - Bengalsrob - 10-08-2015, 09:12 PM