Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is there a plan, after all ?
2. Taylor said Andy Dalton could be the franchise quarterback for many years to come.

Taylor: "I think Andy is unique because I feel like I've watched him his entire career. When I was Texas A&M and he was at TCU, I was always really impressed with (former TCU co-OC) Justin Fuente. Consequently you end up watching a lot. I was a college coach so I didn't really care about Andy Dalton at that point, but when you're studying 13 games of tape, you're watching the starting quarterback. He was undefeated. I was really impressed with that. From that moment on, I feel like I was invested in his career at an early age. Then I was in the AFC with the Dolphins, so we played the Bengals twice. So I've been watching tape of Andy since 2010, always been very impressed. I don't have concerns about his ability to learn this offense and perform at a high level in this offense because he's been exposed to a lot of systems, some very similar to this. I worked with Bill Lazor, who was his coordinator the last two years. So I know a lot of the components, which is great, because Bill was a great coach so I know what he's been asked to do these last few years. It's really a good starting point for us. We haven't gotten started, but I don't expect any surprises when we're in meeting rooms and on the field. I've watched hours of tape on the guy and I feel like I have a good feel for his personality." 

Can Taylor's take on the West Coast offense unlock something new in eight-year veteran Dalton's abilities? 

Taylor: "I think it's not necessarily unlocking anything. I think this offense helps the quarterback because you place such an emphasis on the run game. Everything is built off of that. That's good for any quarterback. I haven't gotten into any specifics with him, but I imagine he's excited."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is there a plan, after all ? - bengalfan74 - 10-30-2019, 09:19 AM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - jj22 - 10-30-2019, 09:23 AM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - Sled21 - 10-30-2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - THE PISTONS - 10-30-2019, 12:19 PM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - Au165 - 10-30-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - PhilHos - 10-30-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - Au165 - 10-30-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - corpjet - 10-30-2019, 03:42 PM
RE: Is there a plan, after all ? - JSR18 - 11-01-2019, 01:00 AM