Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow this model for rebuild: 49ers
(10-30-2019, 01:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 2015, and you are right.  People tend to forget those teams.  Sadly, this team has taken such a poor direction in both personnel and coaching.  The Bengals were one of the best drafting teams just a few years ago.  They had outstanding coaches in Hue, Gruden, and Zimmer....but they got passed up with the newer, more innovative NFL and their recent draft selections have been so poor that the roster is paper thin on talent.  A few injuries and they are fielding someone's practice squad.  

I don't blame ZT for this at all.  I don't care who deserves the blame, but there should have been significant action at the trade deadline.  Instead, we are going to be treated with the same piece of crap we have seen the last three years.  They will try and spit-shine it with a new first round pick, but you simply can't polish a turd.  There needed to be a dramatic overhaul.  Instead, they NOW have accountability to the QB for missing a throw.  Not the offensive line.  Not the LBs and Safeties that can't tackle.  Not the CBs that can't cover (or tackle).  Not the defensive line that always gives up outside containment.  But the QB because of an overthrow.  

I think a hidden issue is they mis-evaluated the talent on the roster.

They legit wanted Hart back to start him. I read quotes from Taylor that says he wanted him.

They legit wanted Preston Brown back and thought he and Vigil could be in a 2 LB set and thrive. HUGE mistake.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Follow this model for rebuild: 49ers - ah5 - 10-29-2019, 11:53 AM
RE: Follow this model for rebuild: 49ers - THE PISTONS - 10-30-2019, 01:17 PM