Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin Couldn't win a Playoff Game with Andy, but ...
(10-31-2019, 10:59 AM)Destro Wrote: Exactly.

It would be interesting to see what Dalton could do elsewhere.  Esiason left after his 9th year and mostly languished on bad Jets teams. Palmer left after his 8th year and the Hue Jackson Raiders were somewhat OK given the tumult of the season but then they pulled the plug and he went 4-11 or so with a one and done HC and ended the season on the bench with a collapsed/bruised lung or something to that effect.  The almost absurdly gunslinger-ey Arians system bought him some time in AZ but that was all on the decline when he retired.

I could see Dalton going to the Bears, DC Skins, Bucs, or the Chargers...with the Colts and Patriots being long-shot possibilities.  Hell, maybe Dalton lands with the Titans after ZT brings his vet pal Tannehill back here to hold the fort while we bridge to the new guy.  I could see a few landing spots where he might have some playoff-push like Palmer in all of his post-Bengals years other than 2012 and 2017.  I don't see him landing in a situation where he just sort of muddles around ala Boomer on the Jets, though and I guess that includes doing so here.

Who knows what next year brings.  We have league standards like Rivers and Brady in flux and QBs of the "future" like Winston and Mariotta possibly getting the boot.

If Pig Ben retired Dalton to the Steelers would be a real message board revitalizer.  Nah....couldn't be!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Couldn't win a Playoff Game with Andy, but ... - Nately120 - 10-31-2019, 11:18 AM