Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks.
(10-31-2019, 07:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The tag was negotiated by the players and owners. How do you think the team isn't being fair to AJ. He has missed 22 of the last 40 games while being paid nearly one million per game. If they tag him he has two options play or retire. MB didn't let Palmer dictate what he does and I don't think he will let AJ do it either. The Raiders gave him two first rounders to change his mind . I doubt anyone will do that to get a oft injured 31 old receiver .

I understand the structure of the franchise tag.

I also understand that the contract is coming up for renewal and the franchise tag could become a bargaining chip. The best teams don't rely on the tag, they make it so player want to be there and if a player doesn't want to be there, they ship them off to Siberia or Cleveland or Oakland. If a bad owner like Mike Brown uses it to take on one of the most respected players in the NFL, then I can see the NFLPA making it an issue. The better owners may just see the tag as a way for a bad owner to keep players who don't want to be around him anymore. Getting rid of the tag will make those players available to the better owners.

Mike Brown doesn't let anyone dictate to him, even when he's blind moron making obvious bad decisions. He's a fool. He's the scourge of the NFL. No one is going to come to his aide.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks. - BengalChris - 10-31-2019, 11:51 PM