Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Those Who Blame Injuries
I don't think too many people will disagree with you.

Yes injuries do happen and the team has to overcome them. Having quality back ups provides good security until the starting player can return.

When we blame injuries though, it seems to be these little nicks and bumps that are reported and the expectation is the guy being out a few weeks. Only to have the player miss significant time or even be gone the whole year.

When you see a guy on another team and get a concussion then is playing 2-3 weeks later, then see one of our guys miss the entirety of the season with the same reported injury that makes you wonder what is going on.

You expect guys to miss. Sometimes you expect to have some guys miss the whole season. However you also expect minor injuries to be addressed and players to be ready at the earliest availability.

Take Green for example. Him being out shouldn't make us 0-8. His injury was only supposed to be 4-6 weeks, before the season started. Here we are at week 9 and on the bye and there is now talk in getting him on the field against Baltimore. That is week 10 of the season so his injury has kept him out for 12-13 weeks. If he were out for only 4-6 weeks, then we would only need to game plan for 1-3 weeks without him and try and win 1 or 2 without him.

When Brees went down for 6 (I think) games, the Saints expectation wasn't to go 6-0 in that stretch, but they wanted to go at least 3-3. Bridgewater did just enough not to lose and his players around him rallied and the Saints were able to run out the injury with their back up. Now that Brees is back in there they are a stronger team.

Coaching, scheme, quality back ups (though with us I do think it is coaching) and your starters rising up to cover for the drop in play that is to be expected (which is another reason I hate the expression "Make the other players around them better" nonsense).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
To Those Who Blame Injuries - THE PISTONS - 10-31-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - J24 - 11-01-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - OswaldsLegacy - 11-01-2019, 08:48 AM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - jason - 11-01-2019, 09:35 AM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - jason - 11-01-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - PhilHos - 11-01-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - J24 - 11-01-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: To Those Who Blame Injuries - Whatever - 11-01-2019, 04:44 PM