Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Oh what tangled webs we weave"....The Finley situation
(11-01-2019, 11:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The real possibility, the Bengals are near or at a need for a full rebuild and the sooner they embrace that the better.  How quickly they tackle that and how well they do it we will only know in the next few years (so far it seems to be denial). If Finley somehow shows he can be a quality starting QB then that is just one less piece they need.  If not the rebuild gets even more complicated because right now the best players on this team are entering the years where their age will catch up with them and we have not seen much from many of the younger players.  So having to draft a new QB and placing a team around him will take even longer to get the team back to being competitive.  I'm not saying Finley is going to the answer but it would certainly benefit the Bengals if he somehow did light it up.  Just one less piece to replace in a team full of holes.

There are just too many missing pieces right now.  So many that having a quality QB on the roster if it is Finely, Dalton again or a top QB draft pick the Bengals need to do more at some point to build around that.

Bingo.  This team needs 2 starters on the o-line (3 if you don't count Jonah).  They need a full retooling of the linebacking corps.  They probably could use another young pass rusher.  They need a guy or 2 in the secondary.  The places on the roster without gaping holes have aging players that can't be expected to play in prime form for much longer.

I think they're in for a 3 year process of roster building if they manage to draft well.  Possibly shorter if they are active in free agency, but that's unlikely.  It's going to be a long slog.  I'm okay with a long slog if there's a direction to it. I don't see one right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Oh what tangled webs we weave"....The Finley situation - samhain - 11-02-2019, 03:18 AM