Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Oh what tangled webs we weave"....The Finley situation
(11-02-2019, 07:35 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: You can win in this league with an average QB.  You can’t win with a horrible line (see the past three years).  I don’t understand why there is a line of thought that a top pick for QB will solve all the problems.  Get the best o line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finley or a high draft pick will not solve all the problems, and i haven't seen one single poster say that Finley or a high draft pick would solve all the problems. Sooooo many strawman arguments around this place i'm surprised the name of this site hasn't been changed to Hee Haw already. 

You can win in this league with an average QB, that's true. Dalton did it for several years, most notably in 2013 and 2015. But he did it with a good line, a decent run game, good WR (+AJ Green), good TEs and an excellent/elite(at times) defense. 

Unfortunately, in every instance, even though most of the team crashed in the playoff games, Dalton had very poor games in each of them as well, missing AJ Green for a TD in 2012 and going all Betty Crocker with the turnovers in 2013. 

I also, still don't understand the thinking that it's going to be easier and quicker to get 5 good guys together than it would be to replace 1 guy. The math doesn't agree with that and free agency/contracts don't agree with that. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Oh what tangled webs we weave"....The Finley situation - rfaulk34 - 11-02-2019, 12:00 PM