Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would 0 -48 change how Mike Brown operates
You know, I remember a ESPN article, please correct me if I'm misspeaking, from the offseason about how close every team was at being a legitimate Super Bowl Contender.

The Bengals had their own category, they listed them as 5 years away from being a Super Bowl contender. They asked "52 different NFL insiders".

They praised Mike Brown for firing Marvin Lewis and hiring Zac Taylor. They said it was the first step.

However, I seem to remember them talking about it on TV.

Basically, they thought the way Mike Brown/family operated would prolong the rebuilding process they felt we needed for us to be contenders.

They thought instead of trading players for picks and speeding up the process, they would hold on to them and just continue to go forward with what they had.

I remember thinking to myself how could any team possibly be 5 years away?

Especially with how much turnover in the NFL there is from each year.

Now, after going 0-8. It makes you wonder.

As of right now as a franchise we're hoping that Ryan Finley, as a rookie, can come in and create a spark that somehow makes every single unit on the team play better or can overcome all it's deficiencies.

I actually really like Ryan Finley, I hope does.

I also know how extremely unlikely that is.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: would 0 -48 change how Mike Brown operates - TheBengalsMind - 11-04-2019, 04:04 PM