Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-04-2019, 05:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Playing Devil's advocate here, but couldn't an argument be made that they were aware of corruption occurring in the Ukraine related to a public figure and wanted it investigated?  There are several reasons a person would want to uncover that type of graft occurring at the highest levels that don't have anything to do with an election (especially as there is about zero chance Biden will be the nominee).  Now, I get the irony of Trump being the one concerned about this type of corruption, but the argument can still be made.

There was zero chance Trump would be the Republican nominee until he was.

Sure one can argue Trump seeking Biden's investigation is apolitical, but I don't buy that argument.  

Trump denied a quid pro quo.  Not true.  Trump denied there was a meeting between his son and a Russian lawyer.  Not true.  Trump denied the purpose of the meeting was dirt on Hillary Clinton.  Not true.  Trump denied paying off Stormy Daniels.  Not true.  Trump denied knowledge of paying off Stormy Daniels.  Not true.

Trump also asked the Ukrainian president to publicly announce Biden was under investigation.  That isn't about finding corruption, that is about PR damage the announcement will do to a political rival.  If Trump denies the request wasn't about damaging a political rival during the next election, that is another lie just like all the others . . . in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-04-2019, 05:40 PM