Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-04-2019, 05:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Absolutely, and if there's any evidence that he had that concern or that there was reason to believe that the concern existed after the Ukrainian government cleared the company, I am sure his defense team will demonstrate it.

However, it's hard to argue that with his Crowdstrike request considering that's a made up conspiracy theory. 

But, as stated it's an argument that could be made.  If there's nothing there why would he ask for more investigations at all?  I get he's not the brightest dude, but if the entire matter was investigated and cleared then what exactly was he asking them to look into further?

(11-04-2019, 05:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There was zero chance Trump would be the Republican nominee until he was.

I thought there was a very good chance well before it happened.  I am not omnipotent by any means but Trump getting the nomination made a certain kid of (twisted) sense.  Biden is going to be tore apart as he's got too much baggage from the past that won't play in today's "woke" Democratic party.  It's the same reason Harris had zero shot from the jump, she was a prosecuting attorney and everyone in her party knows the criminal justice system is an inherently, horribly, racist enabler of oppression.

Quote:Sure one can argue Trump seeking Biden's investigation is apolitical, but I don't buy that argument.  

I wouldn't buy it either, but it's an easy out.  Also, we're really only looking for plausible deniability here.  He gets that he's in the clear.

Quote:Trump denied a quid pro quo.  Not true.  Trump denied there was a meeting between his son and a Russian lawyer.  Not true.  Trump denied the purpose of the meeting was dirt on Hillary Clinton.  Not true.  Trump denied paying off Stormy Daniels.  Not true.  Trump denied knowledge of paying off Stormy Daniels.  Not true.

Yeah, he's not an honest guy.

Quote:Trump also asked the Ukrainian president to publicly announce Biden was under investigation.  That isn't about finding corruption, that is about PR damage the announcement will do to a political rival.  If Trump denies the request wasn't about damaging a political rival during the next election, that is another lie just like all the others . . . in my opinion.

That is an excellent counterpoint.  If I was advising Trump I'd say that requesting the announcement was to show that Trump is diligent in weeding out political corruption, i.e. "draining the swamp".  I'm sure I could come with other plausible denials given some time. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-04-2019, 08:08 PM