Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-04-2019, 10:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Because the request for an investigation isn’t about finding actual corruption. It’s about creating the appearance of corruption. It’s about creating Biden’s Benghazi so they can go into full propaganda mode.

I have a high opinion of your intelligence.  That being the case I'm going to assume you realized long ago that politicians want to create the appearance of doing something without actually doing a damn thing. 

Quote:I wish I could remember the politician and his exact quote, but the gist is he would falsely accuse opponents of stuff so the newspapers would quote his opponent denying the accusation. So the story became about the false accusations rather than the issues. That’s what this is about.

Mark Antony was big on this, so it comes from way before newspapers.  The gist being, "Some people call my opponent a pedophile."

Quote:Trump has no track record of draining the swamp except for his staff members who have been indicted, convicted, and imprisoned.

Completely agreed.  It is; however, one of his talking points.

(11-04-2019, 10:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’d put the over/under of Trump’s impeachment at 1% and I’d bet on the under. McConnell will bring a vote to end the impeachment process as soon as he can regardless of the evidence.

Agreed on the percentage, but not the method.  They'll go for long enough to shed credible doubt on the charges and paint the HoR vote as a partisan witch hunt.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-05-2019, 12:15 AM