Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump and his family move
(11-05-2019, 01:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Audio of someone saying they did something =/= watching someone actually do something much worse live.

"Good" football example is Ray Rice. He got suspended a couple games because of spouse abuse and some people were upset about him. Then the video came out of him knocking her unconscious and dragging her limp unconscious body out of an elevator by a foot and it was an entirely different thing. The reaction of people would have likely gone one step further if they were there in the elevator when it happened.

Saying because people voted for him despite the "grab them by the" audio means those same people would literally stand there and watch him just walk up and shoot someone and still support him is a HUGE leap to make, Nate. Like a Grand Canyon-while-wearing-lead-shoes sized leap. Come on now.

Ehh maybe...I don't think it's that much of a stretch.  A guy is accused by many women of doing something and he's bragging about doing it and that gets brushed off?  People tend to underestimate how graphic and unsettling actually shooting and killing someone is thanks to television and movies so the average American's understanding of how awesome/easy it is to shoot and kill someone is pretty skewed anyways.

I'm a total cynic so forgive me if I actually feel like shooting and killing someone wouldn't convince someone that they should "let the other side get in power and wreck everything."  Trump and Clinton and that Roy Moore crap have made it clear that "probably a sex offender" is something we can overlook, so I can see people saying "Trump killed some libtard in Manhattan?  Awesome!"

Again, I'm a total cynic. I've heard my GF's right-wing family actually discuss shooting and killing "intruders" with an odd sort of fetish-style glee. It's generic and bs and they have no idea what they are talking about or how it would actually go, but at the same it's sort of like the way people used to sit around in college and talk about how "we should totally form a band! That would be awesome!" I'm way off track here, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Trump and his family move - GMDino - 11-01-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: Trump and his family move - Au165 - 11-01-2019, 11:14 AM
RE: Trump and his family move - Belsnickel - 11-04-2019, 03:33 PM
RE: Trump and his family move - CJD - 11-04-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: Trump and his family move - fredtoast - 11-04-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: Trump and his family move - Nately120 - 11-04-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Trump and his family move - Nately120 - 11-05-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Trump and his family move - Nately120 - 11-05-2019, 01:20 PM