Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-05-2019, 12:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the whistle-blower's identify should not be revealed to the public, but I wonder how many folks currently condemning the GOP for demanding it would be ok with a member pulling a "Spartacus" move and releasing the name without authorization. Seems many here applauded Corey Booker releasing classified documents on the Kav's inquiry.

I mean the public has a right to know...AmIright?

The public does not have a right to know a whistleblower's name, especially one who followed legal procedures supposed to protect his identity, and most especially now that his/her accusations have been corroborated by Trump himself.

The whistleblower is now out of the legal picture, and so long as Trump demonstrably withheld aid and then said "however, we need a favor" . . . it matters not whether he was a Democrat or Trump hater or whatever.

If we value laws designed to preserve transparent government, it does matter that his identity remain protected.

This brings us back to Trump's demand that the whistleblower's name be revealed because he has a right to face his accuser.  He does not, in this case. Were he granted such a right, it would end whistleblowing and degrade transparency of government.

In any case, his "accuser" is now the government.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 11-05-2019, 01:44 PM