Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-05-2019, 11:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It's the QB's job to drive the train, bud. AD is, what? 1-15 in his last 16 starts?

And, no, your "by this logic...." is an illogical inference.

Even as he goes down in flames his fans are blaming everything else around him. The same organization gave him some of the most talented rosters in the NFL, on both sides of the ball, and in his prime and he STILL crapped the bed and did nothing with it. He cannot will a team or lead a team to victory without superior talent. He isn't good enough.... It... is... over.

I hope he gets traded for a 4th or higher and has a fresh start somewhere and does supremely well. That way, everyone wins. Anyone wishing failure on a great guy like Andy Dalton is nuts. I wanted him to succeed to the highest levels here in Cincy. He didn't/couldn't for whatever the reason. I literally took him as my starting Fantasy QB the last 3 seasons because I believed he could repeat 2015. Didn't happen. Time to move on and love the next mainstay QB!

This train is off the rails no matter who the QB is. Anyone who thinks a QB alone can turn this around is delusional, plain and simple.

Andy is part of the team and the whole team is going down in flames dude. When Dalton had this talent around him that you speak of, we made the playoffs 5 years in a row. That talent disappearing is why we're 0-8 and in our 4th straight losing season. We aren't setting dubious records because of Dalton, but I guess we'll find out about that starting this week.

No one is saying Dalton shouldn't have been benched. At least I'm not. All I'm saying is that this franchise is a clown show and you'd think anyone who has been around the last 30 years or has a working internet connection would know that there's a laundry list of reasons why this team doesn't have a playoff win in 28 years...and why we're 19-36-1 over the last 4 years.

If you want to throw Dalton in that list, fine. But at best, he's reason #273. Certain people are acting like he's reason #1. Whatever helps those people sleep better at night, I guess. Don't be surprised when Finley and Tua (or whoever we draft) flops HARD though. Look who they'll be playing for. Even when they stumble into a good core, the owner won't take that extra step to get over the hump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Shake n Blake - 11-06-2019, 01:27 AM