Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can see it now...

BEARS GM - Hi Mike, we will give you a 2nd round pick for Dalton.
MB - Make it two 1st round picks and you've got yourself a deal.
BEARS GM - No.
MB - ................Can I speak to Hue Jackson?
BEARS GM - Hue Jackson doesn't work here.
MB - Oh, well I'm just going to wait for Hue Jackson to offer a great trade for Dalton.  Bye!

Meh, the Bengals caught lightning in a bottle and were making the playoffs at the same time the Pittsburgh Pirates were doing the same thing and now they're both back to being crap as they have been for the majority of the past 30 years.  Sucky ownership has placed a ceiling on our franchise to the point where winning a playoff game is about as hard as a better run franchise winning the SB.  We were the 90s Buffalo Bills of the playoffs...ooh look the Bengals made it to the playoffs again, whoop de doo, wonder who beats 'em in the opening round this time.

When you really think about it, you are asking how anyone could have complained about our crappy ownership when we took home a whopping six "12th Place" trophies in 7 years.  How many fanbases would be proud of that?

Yes - IF you do something for 28 years...chances are luck will factor in at a certain point with draft picks. Guys like Atkins becoming dominant. Guys like Iloka and Marvin Jones being drafted later and turning into Good players.

I wouldn't call it skill.

How many GM's get 28 drafts if they haven't won a single playoff game? Most get 4-5 years max. It's really hard to put the Bengals franchise in perspective because it's such an outlier.

A GM that hasn't won a playoff game for 20 years makes the playoffs 5 years in a row then not the next 3. Is that some great achievement?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - THE PISTONS - 11-06-2019, 11:42 AM