Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas City overwhelmingly votes to remove Martin Luther King's name from historic st
(11-06-2019, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh i assumed they were having services at the time.

No, as GM admits below.

(11-06-2019, 04:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: No it was during a meeting to rally people to get out and vote:

I still think it was disrespectful to walk in and just stand there, not even sit down when asked.

So, peaceful, silent protest is disrespectful?  Got it.  I'll have to remember your position on this for when you contradict yourself later.

Quote:Edit:  However we have churches and preachers doing sermons about politics every week in this country so I guess we should ban all those too to so we can avoid such protests?

A politically charged sermon is a far different thing than a political rally held at a church, or any other place of worship.  If you're using the building for a purpose other than a religious service then it is no different than having it anywhere else.  Would the silent peaceful protestors have been "disrespectful" if the rally was being held at a local park, a community center or a library?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kansas City overwhelmingly votes to remove Martin Luther King's name from historic st - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-06-2019, 04:34 PM