Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT Is This Team Trying To Be In 2020 ???
(11-06-2019, 11:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bro, Taylor took a 6 win team and turned it into a 0 win team. There should NOT be a next season for him.

I'm not defending Taylor, but the team went 1-7 last half of last season and that is with firing D coach, Marvin taking over D and Hue coming in after losing just about every game while at Cleveland.  No last year was awful and it's carried over to this year.  1-15 over last 8 of 2018 and first 8 of 2019.  

I agree with those who posted, the only identity this team has is losing.  There doesn't seem much rhyme or reason to the draft picks over the last 4 or 5 years either.   I'm NOT a Tobin fan and he should have got fired with all the other coaches over the last couple seasons.   Problem is The Browns and Blackburns consider him Family now also, I don't know why, maybe inbreeding.  Tobin may be in for life now like the Pope, like the rest of them, but he shouldn't be.   

Look, Tobin is the GM and manager of player personnel.  He has been an executive with Bengals since 1999.   Their loyalty to him is longer than to Marvin Lewis.  Seems to me Bengals could hire a better GM than this guy.  All I read on old stories on internet is Browns and Blackburns consider him part of the FAMILY.   I see that as a problem.  You have to be able to Fire supervisors and managers, not just the workers under them.  Heck, there have been 4 Presidents and 3 Popes while Tobin here.  This means Tobin goes back to when they used that stupid Cincinnati Drug Store List to draft from.  It also means he was part of turning down Mike Ditka offering all Saints draft picks and Saints top picks next 2 years for that one Bengals pick, why Paul Brown would have grabbed that gaff by Ditka in a second.   So if Mike Brown is part of the losing from 1991 to now, Tobin isn't much better from 1999 to now.  He came in young as a guy that couldn't even play Arena League.  He seems to be a weak link in the chain they could cut loose, but he is now considered FAMILY a he pushes age 50. 

Tobin got and took all the credit for hiring Zac Taylor early this year.  I leave that to you fans on that move.  

Maybe this team finds no sense of Direction or Plan until they fire Tobin.   He can't be in like the Pope.  GMs and Head Coaches have to be able to be FIRED.  They can't be in for life as FAMILY.  The problem is a new so called GM is going to want to set a Direction and make a long range Plan and Mike, Katie and The Brady Bunch are afraid of THAT.   Still, without Direction and Plan the Bengals are Doomed.   A car without a steering wheel going into one crash season after another. 

So The Brown Family are going nowhere, we know that.   Why is Tobin considered Brown Family, who did he fornicate with ?  In the last 8 awful games of this awful season they need to start deciding just WHAT THE HECK THE PLAN OF THE FUTURE IS.  Without a PLAN, the 2020 Draft is POINTLESS. 

I have a bad gut feeling that Tobin wasn't even a good Arena League player, and what he puts on the field is Arena League but it's not and never will be good enough for NFL. It is too weak and too Touch Footyball to win in THE NFL. I have a bad feeling Bengals are trying to play Arena League, and therefore 1-15 over last 16 games. Maybe they think Taylor will make a good Arena League coach. They all need to wake up and understand THIS IS THE NFL. You need to Block, you need to Tackle, or You Lose. It's not Arena League. Of course Bengals were losing before Taylor and 1-7 last 8 under Marvin, but Mike and Royal Family was here, as was Royal Family Duke. Not Duke like John Wayne, but just a Royal Family Title Duke who wormed in as Family somehow. ......I hope my gut feeling is wrong, because this team needs to find DIRECTION and a PLAN OF ATTACK way before they enter off season to a New Decade. So we can all say GO BENGALS and feel we aren't just full of whimsy.

I think THE FANS deserve a steering wheel to be put on this thing...You know Dalton has had at least 5 Offensive coordinators. I think 4 changes in 3 years. Have you ever tried to bowl and one person says move to the right, another says move to the left, another says stand in the middle. Makes it pretty hard to bowl doesn't it. You ever worked somewhere that changes your Supervisors like 4 in 5 years, because I once did and it made being good at ones job impossible since the job kept changing. I just have to think the crazy steering wheel thing has hurt every player on this team. There is no DIRECTION, just a lot of changes, but Never Direction or a Plan or Purpose, which never works. Put a steering wheel on this thing.

Some may say don't blame Tobin for 1999 and on and he really didn't move up to simulated GM until 2016. Well, if you look at this team from 2016 on, that isn't too good either. Most NFL teams would have sent him packing with the coaches fired over last 3 years. Somebody upstairs needs to put a steering wheel on this thing or the Drafts are Pointless. Would you put new tires on a car with no steering wheel, of course not.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHAT Is This Team Trying To Be In 2020 ??? - kevin - 11-07-2019, 02:36 AM