Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold on to your guns.
I was aware of this story since the day it happened. I was not aware of the following CNN interview with a survivor of a family massacred by cartel members near the US Mexican border.

Sadly, CNN appears to have not posted their own version of the video on YouTube. Or, at least, I couldn't find it.

As a gun owner, from a gun owning family, we always thought of ourselves as responsible for our own safety. This includes my mother who could probably out feminist Gloria Steinem. Before my dad left for Vietnam the first time he bought my mother a gun and ensured she knew how to use it. Since she comes from a military family herself this was not an issue. This video is a rather sad reminder of why that is important.

I expect the usual suspects to blame Mexico's gun violence on the US. I expect the usual suspects to claim that civilians wouldn't need guns if they weren't so prolific. I expect all the old excuses for controlling the right of others to defend themselves. What I don't expect is one of them acknowledging that law abiding gun owners are not the problem and never have been. Criminals are the problem and they deserve to have their rights and freedoms restricted, not everyone else.

Messages In This Thread
Hold on to your guns. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-08-2019, 12:49 AM
RE: Hold on to your guns. - GMDino - 11-08-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: Hold on to your guns. - GMDino - 11-08-2019, 10:06 AM
RE: Hold on to your guns. - Brownshoe - 11-08-2019, 02:46 AM
RE: Hold on to your guns. - fredtoast - 11-08-2019, 12:09 PM