Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-08-2019, 11:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: Palmer was a far superior talent at QB yes. 1st overall pick prospect. Was he a better QB tho? That's debatable. Qb'ing is more than arm strength and athleticism (obviously given it only got us to the playoffs 2wice out of 7 years, with equal meltdowns once we got there).

I'd still chose B. As majority of unbiased non-Bengals fans would.

Bottom line, I firmly believe the Dalton led Bengals teams would have at least been equally as good with Palmer. Maybe even better. Dalton was never the main reason this team made the playoffs five years in a row. I believe a lot of that credit has to go to the coordinators (Jay and Hue were no slouches, despite what you may believe) , and the players. You make it sound like we had next to nobody around Dalton the first five years. AJ, Whitworth, Zeitler, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Eifert, Boling, who am I forgetting? Make no mistake about it, Dalton has had a lot of help over the years.

Obviously we’ll never know for sure, but the fact of the matter is Palmer was gone before he played with some of the best Bengal teams ever.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Pat5775 - 11-08-2019, 12:33 PM