Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT Is This Team Trying To Be In 2020 ???
I think one Identity and Direction was one Forrest Gregg had on coming here. It was true then and it is true now. The Bengals are WEAK. In the trenches they are the weakest team in the NFL on offense and defensive front 7. WEAK.

So the Direction Forrest Gregg set was to make Bengals TOUGH.

Just looking at Mel Kiper rankings of draft players, this would be The Big Boys to grab first 5 rounds. that's as far as the list goes now.

#1. Chase Young-EDGE RUSHER-Ohio State-DEFENSE-Pick 1
#2. Trey Adams- 6 foot 8 inches tall TACKLE- Washington- OFFENSE-Pick 33
#3. Dylan Brooks - LINEBACKER- Alabama-DEFENSE-Pick 65
#4. Landon Dickerson- GUARD- Alabama- OFFENSE- Pick 97
#5. Frederick Maulgoa - CENTER - Washington State- OFFENSE- Pick 129

These are the top players on the board as of now when Bengals might pick as far as trench players. Sorry no Defensive Tackles, I was looking. No finesse players because team is WEAK. The idea to go out and get the Big Boys to win in the Trenches. The way Mel Kipers top players are so far if Bengals draft top of each round, these players could be there to add 2 Studs to the D and 3 Bell Cows to the O Line. One thing is for sure, the Bengals would be trying to get TOUGH IN THE TRENCHES. BLOCKING. TACKLING.

So getting TOUGHER is one Plan, the plan Forrest Gregg had seeing how weak Bengals were. For those who say that's a lot of Blockers, well, that's who is on the board and it seems to be a good year to draft Blockers, and you can't say Bengals O Line doesn't need a huge upgrade. Chase Young is suppose to be a difference maker like Lawrence Taylor, so you have to go there, and Brooks would be a good Linebacker pick from Bama.

I really don't think this team can win unless they get tougher in the trenches and you don't find those guys in free agency much. Some may say where is the QB and finesse players at WR and CB. My answer is this team is TOO WEAK to be drafting finesse players and the 1-15 record last 16 games is the proof. In 2020 this team can't get enough Tough Guys to Block and Tackle and fire some of these slugs on the team now. When you play Steelers and Ravens twice a year, you better be TOUGH in THE TRENCHES.

THIS is just an idea of a plan. Woody Hayes saying we don't have enough Big Boys. There could be other Plans. Bengals Front Office needs to start coming up with a PLAN for 2020's ASAP. I say address the O Line and Defense FIRST. To Bengals Front Office, I say AT LEAST start coming up with a Plan. Maybe you don't like mine. OK, what the heck does The Brown Family got that's better. Come up with something besides 1-15 last 16 games isn't getting it.

Again, even these picks or any picks are no good unless Bengals come up with a DIRECTION and a PLAN. It is like putting news tires on a car with no steering wheel.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHAT Is This Team Trying To Be In 2020 ??? - kevin - 11-08-2019, 06:02 PM