Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-06-2019, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still maintain we’ve had FO issues and QB issues the last few years. And it’s not solely one or the other.

When you have the franchise worst-ever run game, shoddy receivers and are on pace to surrender 56 sacks, it's kinda hard to grade the QB. Some of you seem to be judging Andy's performance as if the team isn't falling apart around him.

We excuse Palmer's overall losing record by saying "he had no defense" while also acting like Dalton should be winning with no defense + worst-ever run game + 56 sacks (pace)? Seems kinda silly. I know people hate excuses, and I get that, but they're pretty damn good excuses.

We'll find out soon enough while watching Finley, and probably again if we take Tua and don't fix anything else.

(11-06-2019, 09:41 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Where was this "Ownership/FO sucks" concept when the team was going to the playoffs 5 times in a row?

Where was it in 2013, 2014, 15 when the Bengals had an amazing roster?

Where was this line of thinking in 05, 06, & 07?

Be carefuleful if you come back with AD was good enough, etc. etc.... the question is a trap.

It never went away? I think most of the "haters" on here felt like we'd struck lightning in a bottle with some of these players and Mike Zimmer. We knew the wheels would fall off eventually. That's why some of us were so ticked (at ownership/FO) because we were so passive in free agency when the iron was hot.

Believe it or not, people generally aren't so obsessed with Andy that they design every argument and opinion around him. Well, maybe some are. Cool

(11-08-2019, 11:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Palmer’s teams were NOT more talented. Nobody and I mean NOBODY was talking about those teams having one of the deepest rosters like they did the 13-15 teams.

And I never said Dalton was pitiful. He was solid for a few years, great for part of one, and sucked the rest.

That's highly debatable as some have already shown. Offensively we were definitely more talented. The valley was also far worse for Dalton than it was for Palmer, talent-wise. The only time Palmer had a line even close to as bad as the last 4 years, he sucked ass (went 0-4), then got his elbow busted up.

Again, we're excusing Palmer with "he didn't have the talent around him" while also saying "Dalton sucks" because he stunk when the team around him is absolute trash. Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Shake n Blake - 11-08-2019, 08:50 PM