Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson might be an idiot
Or at least completely unaware of the words that come out of his mouth.

Quote:If you're ever the victim of a gunshot wound, surely you'd rather have a highly successful surgeon like Ben Carson working to save your life than a writer like me.

But when it comes to preventing bodies from being riddled with bullets in the first place, trust me when I say you don't want Carson anywhere near the policy-making apparatus of the United States.

SIDEBAR
Obama Obama Blames Us for the Oregon Shooting, and He's Right »
Carson took to Facebook Monday night to answer a question about whether the recent mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon, changed his thoughts about the Second Amendment.

"There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking," Carson wrote, "but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

Try, for just one moment, to put yourself into the mind of the man who wrote that. According to the same Facebook post, he's seen first-hand the devastation bullets can do to the human body. Imagine seeing those bodies, operating on them, sewing them up, watching some of them die – and then saying that taking away a gun is somehow more devastating than gun violence itself.

Every time we see a tragedy like Roseburg, we watch politicians like Carson twist themselves into pretzels of illogic to justify their near-religious worship of guns. Faced with multiple dead bodies and powerful calls for action, they argue – contrary to all available evidence – that restrictions on gun ownership would do nothing to prevent these mass murders. They'd rather throw up their hands and do nothing, except maybe put a few more guns out on the street to compound the deaths.

"The Left would prefer to use these tragedies to advance a political agenda," Carson wrote on Facebook – and he's not wrong. President Obama called on the American people to elect representatives who would finally take action on gun control legislation, after his calls for this Congress to do something fell on deaf ears.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/ben-carson-body-with-bullet-holes-preferable-to-gun-control-20151006#ixzz3o6sVxuhZ
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

And here is the FB post in case someone doesn't believe it or wants "context".

https://www.facebook.com/realbencarson/posts/537817656384705

[Image: 100915.jpg]

Even as someone who is against taking guns away I find that a moronic statement.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Ben Carson might be an idiot - GMDino - 10-09-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - bfine32 - 10-09-2015, 08:39 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - bfine32 - 10-09-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - treee - 10-09-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - bfine32 - 10-10-2015, 12:05 AM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - bfine32 - 10-09-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - bfine32 - 10-10-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - GMDino - 10-10-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - GMDino - 10-12-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - GMDino - 10-11-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - treee - 10-11-2015, 09:25 AM