Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Gase In Real Trouble
(11-10-2019, 11:51 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: My problem with the Zac hire(from the FO perspective)is if they were a "normal" team it would probably mean either win now mode or blow up rebuild mode.

This team, being run by arrogant know-it-alls, is in neither of these modes.

I'm not sure they have a plan, other than new faces at coaching positions.

It's the whole throw it up against the wall to see if it sticks approach which is maddening.

We were in 'win now' mode during the offseason.

I think that they thought a new HC, with a more modern scheme and approach would get the players playing at higher levels...and that the scheme would work better than our old scheme.

That obviously fell apart. Warning sign 1 was when the Del Rio hiring fell through. I wonder IF they told Del Rio that the plan was to play 2 LB's 80% of the time and that those LB's would be Vigil and Brown and he passed? Speculation. Something fell through. Then they hired, what 6th choice Lou?

This team, in response to getting beat with outside runs and misdirection...puts a 5th defensive lineman in who is a Tackle. WHO in the NFL does that? More speed is what they need. They have no clue.

Offense has similar deficiencies.

It took then 8 games to figure out that you need to put a 2nd TE in to be able to run the ball.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Adam Gase In Real Trouble - RunKijanaRun - 11-10-2019, 09:39 AM
RE: Adam Gase In Real Trouble - THE PISTONS - 11-10-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: Adam Gase In Real Trouble - Sled21 - 11-10-2019, 10:34 AM
RE: Adam Gase In Real Trouble - fredtoast - 11-10-2019, 12:55 PM
RE: Adam Gase In Real Trouble - Pat5775 - 11-10-2019, 11:51 AM