Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-28-2015, 03:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I said it would likely remain the same, which it has in those countries with SSM. Looking at the website you provided and basing it upon the adult prevalence rates of HIV in those countries, it is the same in Canada in Belgium, and only 0.01 percentage point higher in the Netherlands, than it was pre-legalization of SSM. I didn't bother looking at population numbers or anything, I was just venturing a guess as to the reason for the prevalence rate remaining the same with an increase in actual numbers. The point of it all is that you have provided no evidence that making SSM legal will increase the prevalence of HIV infections in adult populations because all three of the countries you have listed where it is legal have had little to no change in the rate since it became such.

So, to address these three bullet points:
1. No, you didn't. All of them show no effect on the prevalence of HIV.
2. That doesn't relate to what I stated. Try again. Difficulty of infection doesn't matter as much (yes I know I brought it up before) as the fact that contracting HIV requires an active role in risky behavior. Contracting something like measles requires the action of just being in the vicinity of other people. Since you can take an active role in you not engaging in risky behaviors but you can't really avoid being around other people all your life there is a distinct difference.
3. Except there is no evidence to suggest it has a negative impact on the situation. Essentially, you are attempting to erroneously interpret the data in a way to make your point because you think gay sex is icky. That's really what your entire argument looks like at this point.
I also showed you 2 large countries where it's not legal and their rates dropped dramatically in the number of infections and deaths.

1. So how come it fell dramatically in 2 countries where's it's not legal and yet stayed the same or slightly increased in those that made it legal?
2. Again, you seem to have difficulties understanding the simple concept that I laid out for you. Let me say it slower..

Small % of total population makes a choice (are you still with me?)

Consequences (almost done)

Spread a deadly disease amongst the population. (now that wasn't so difficult was it?)

Now that fact that it is so much harder to get Aids yet at the rate that it is growing should be even more alarming (no no, ignore this sentence, it will probably just confuse you or send you round the bend because you want to play the technicalities game).

3. LOL I guess if you likey the ickey then you can manipulate the data anyway you want. I clearly included 2 countries where it's not legal and showed how the numbers are going down vs countries where it's legal where the infected pop has almost doubled and the rate remained the same or slightly increased. I guess you can ignore that if you want, but it's still there and supports my views about SSM more so than yours.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - Mike M (the other one) - 05-28-2015, 06:04 PM