Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Putin Is Sending Troops to Wipe Out ISIS
(10-10-2015, 12:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm thrilled by this.  Let Russia get bogged down in the endless quagmire that is the middle east.  People tend to forget, what the USSR couldn't achieve in Afghanistan in years the US accomplished in weeks.  I'm not talking about winning the "peace" I'm talking about militarily subjugating the country.  I'm all for Putin expending his nation's extremely limited resources propping up a failed, unsustainable, state.  Let someone else shit the bed in the middle east other than us, the comparison will be as enlightening as it is productive, for the US anyways.

Yeah, not that I think Obama masterminded this (blind squirrel gets a nut), but now the threat of ISIS is being addressed without using our troops or resources.

We're not going into Syria.  Ever.  Period.  We tried and planned and did absolutely everything we could with nation building in Iraq, a policy and plan that probably started with Bush Sr. and was "finished" under Clinton....all told probably 10 years in the making before W pulled the trigger.  And we still failed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Putin Is Sending Troops to Wipe Out ISIS - JustWinBaby - 10-10-2015, 02:05 AM