Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos and Geno. Not just "age"
One of the most troubleing aspects of this years team is the disapearance of geno Atkins and carlos Dunlap. These guys have beena couple of my favorite players for years. I'd argue Dunlap has been our most underrated player over the past few years.

This year both guys are healthy. Their decline has been much to fast to be just based on age. I can understand how some of our good DBs (Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Bates) seemtop look bad due to bad schemes or coaching. They often look lost and many of the big plays they allow are due more to busteed coverage than just getting beat man-to-man. But on the D-line Carlos and geno need to just have to wi more one-on-one battles.

Before this season Dunlap had six straight years with at least 20 QB hits and 7.5 sacks. Over the previous 3 years Dunlap had more tipped passes (30) than any othe D-lineman. This year he is on pace for 2 sacks, 9 QB hits, and 2 tipped passes.

Before this season Atkins had 4 straight seasons with at least 9 sacks an 19 QB hits. This year he is on pace for 6 sacks and 11 QB hits.

Even if we conduct a "fire sale" after the season I doubt we get rif ot these two guys. They have bee too good too long. I can't help but believe that they both have a good bit of gas left in the tank, and they did not get lazy before just because they got contract extensions. We just need to get their "hearts" back in the game.

needsome serious coaching changes on the dfensive side of the ball.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Carlos and Geno. Not just "age" - fredtoast - 11-11-2019, 11:13 AM
RE: Carlos and Geno. Not just "age" - J24 - 11-11-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: Carlos and Geno. Not just "age" - J24 - 11-11-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Carlos and Geno. Not just "age" - J24 - 11-11-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Carlos and Geno. Not just "age" - J24 - 11-11-2019, 11:35 PM
RE: Carlos and Geno. Not just "age" - J24 - 11-12-2019, 02:29 AM