Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veterans Day - Who served in your family
My father in law served in the Air Force during World War II and during Korea stationed on Okinawa for both. He caught the tail end of World War II and was discharged after. When Korea started, he joined back up.

I have a brother in law who was in the Air Force.

My Uncle on my moms side was in Vietnam in 1967 and 1968. His first tour was with a Marine Search team hunting those who went A.W.O.L. since he was only 17 when he joined. His second tour he was Marine Corps Recon.

I have two cousins who were in the Marine Corps as well on my moms side and multiple second cousins who served in every branch from Desert Shield/Storm to present day.

I have a great uncle who fought in World War I.

On my dads side I have a great uncle who was shot through the jaws in the first landing on Normandy, he lost all his teeth, lol.

Two uncles on my dads side were in Vietnam. One was a helicopter door gunner and the other was a medic.

I have a nephew who served during the second Iraq War in Logistics which is a fancy way of saying he was a truck driver but saw action just about every trip, some big and some small.

I have a nephew who was in the Navy but is now in the Army...weird how that worked out.

I was in the Army, don't want to discuss it.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot but I also have a aunt who served as a nurse in Vietnam.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Veterans Day - Who served in your family - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-11-2019, 02:25 PM