Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-11-2019, 05:30 PM)Dill Wrote: 1. The neighbor wasn't in the room and so never "saw" the beating, if one actually occurred.

2. Perhaps an "officer on the scene" could then be like someone who found out the official call transcript was hidden on the classified server, talked to officials who explained what had happened, read meeting protocols and the like--but was not there for the actual beating--I mean, call to Ukraine?

3. Husband is protected from the wife's word by "immunity"? 4. If the analogy holds so far, then Trump defenders would say they don't see any bruises. Or bruises happen in marriage, "get over it." 5. They would want the police to investigate the background of the neighbor, the doctor, and the wife, not to mention the policemen who took the statement, to look for "bias."

6. Could that work in a real life case of wife beating? Could the defense sideline the prosecution and fool the jury by going after the credibility of the witnesses--including doctors and police officers?  

1. If the neighbor heard it in real time they would be a witness.

2. I've said before I'm okay with someone being a whistleblower who only has indirect knowledge. 

3. There's no immunity. He said/she said just isn't going to go anywhere.

4. Huh? The evidence is there or it's not

5. I hope they would all be available to be cross-examined if their testimony is being used against someone charged with a crime.

6. The credibility of witnesses and the evidence does have to stand up to cross-examination and scrutiny, and the jury gets to decide that in every case.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - 6andcounting - 11-11-2019, 06:20 PM