Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's comments on SC and DACA
(11-12-2019, 12:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump plays nice with racists.  He feeds them what they want to hear:  "no angels" "bad hombres" So I guess it makes white people feel safer to kick out people brought here as babies/children who made it in their lives to jobs and families and contributing members of society.

Here is another example of the very problem that prompted my question.  You just mentioned racists and then, in the very next sentence, you make a blanket statement about "white people".  One might think you're trafficking in the same behavior you're condemning in Trump.

Quote:All I agree with is that something needs to be done, that it will likely be overturned and that Trump will not "make a deal" unless it involves removing "them" from the country and/or him getting billions for a wall that Mexico is going to pay for.

Any more details than "something"?

Quote:My apologies if others who oppose DACA felt sucked into the pool with the racists that Trump was talking to.  Clearly I was speaking to Trump and his motivations and why he uses the words he does as I named him specifically in the title of the thread.

No one opposed DACA in this thread.  I do find this statement interesting though, it almost appears that you're trying to paint any opposition to DACA as racism, despite your assertions to the contrary.

Quote:If one is not racist I am not talking to/about them.

You could avoid such future confusion by not making blanket statements about all "white people".  I do appreciate your concession that opposition to DACA is not inherently racist, despite then asserting it is.

Messages In This Thread
Trump's comments on SC and DACA - GMDino - 11-12-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-12-2019, 12:57 PM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - CJD - 11-12-2019, 01:02 PM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - CJD - 11-12-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - CJD - 11-13-2019, 09:07 AM