Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rational perspective on Finley's first start
(11-12-2019, 10:41 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Hasn't this same thread been started for every QB that was a back up to Andy Dalton? No ninja smiley because it's true.

My honest opinion of Ryan Finley is that I think he could be a good QB. I think he could be an NFL starter. I just don't think Cincinnati is the place for it to happen. He's not being set up for success. So many wanted him to start to "see what we have" but are already talking about Burrow in the draft. Unless he absolutely lights it up the last 7 games, he's not going to win the starting job here. The Family will draft a QB and Finley will go back to being the back up.

Though most didn't agree with me, that's why I wanted Dalton to finish the year. It wasn't to stifle Finley or prevent him from getting a shot. It was to let Dalton take the beating and (hopefully) get traded in the offseason. Then try to fill as many holes as possible and let Finley take over next year with a better chance at success. I truly believe Finley could be the guy. With all of the deficiencies on this team, I just don't think he's going to be able to truly show what he's capable of doing.

Finley doesn't have the arm strength to be a good starter. He's very good on short throws. Bad beyond 15 yards.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rational perspective on Finley's first start - THE PISTONS - 11-12-2019, 11:16 PM