Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Could Free Up 86 Mil for New Players
(11-12-2019, 11:13 PM)kevin Wrote: Now another scenario would be to just keep all the same players.  Even if they go 0-16 and 1-23 since mid 2018.  Continue saying they are great and keep all the same players.   Seems to me that would be a crack pot idea. 

Bengals are 1-16 since mid season 2018.  Many contracts are ending.  It may be time to say the window of opportunity slammed shut on some of these players, and it's time to look to NFL Drafts and time for a major rebuild of new players.  As for this comic, he has a movie where the football player wants more money, and he tells the football player that when he plays bad he doesn't give any money back.   Right now, as a team, they are very bad on a 1-16 streak and resigning them to MORE money seems not a good idea. 

I think what you'll see is them attributing the season to a new coaching staff taking their lumps. Also injuries...to Green, Jonah, Boling retiring. They'll probably also think guys on defense like Kirkpatrick and WJ3 getting injured hurt the team. Preston Brown is a scapegoat. Dennard injured.

It's easier to blame things out of their control than them making bad decisions or being inept.

Then, they'll sign a few Tier C and D free agents. Maybe a LB with name recognition that's past his prime. They'll throw maybe a 2nd round pick at a LB.

You'll hear heavy PR how getting Jonah back is like having a 2nd 1st Round pick...and that's why they didn't trade it.

They'll try to keep Green, probably overpaying him. He's been healthy once in 4 years...so he'll likely miss games next year too.

They'll likely keep the coordinators. Maybe tweak a few position coaches.

That's what I see in my crystal ball.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Could Free Up 86 Mil for New Players - THE PISTONS - 11-12-2019, 11:25 PM