Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's comments on SC and DACA
(11-12-2019, 11:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's interesting. Colloquially, the term "arrest record" is equivalent to "did a crime" as in convictions. But this website appears to only consider being arrested as having an arrest record (but it doesn't mention convictions).

I wonder how many of that 8% were convicted for the things they were arrested for or if the website is using the colloquial terminology and all 8% had been convicted of said crime.

I agree, it is interesting.  For example, would a person arrested for crime for which they were offered, and successfully completed, a diversion program be exempt?  What constitutes a "significant misdemeanor"?

Quote:Initially, I was inclined to believe the latter. But they ended with this line that made me wonder if convictions were considered.
"Numbers of arrests alone do not necessarily disqualify a person from receiving DACA as a matter of discretion."

If I'm being a cynical government employee I'm thinking that line is solely there to provide cover for being seen as punishing people for something they haven't been convicted of.  It doesn't say arrests only mean you qualify for a reason.  I'm sure the requirements are slightly nebulous so as to allow for wiggle room when deciding on borderline cases, in either direction.

Messages In This Thread
Trump's comments on SC and DACA - GMDino - 11-12-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - CJD - 11-12-2019, 01:02 PM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - CJD - 11-12-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-13-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: Trump's comments on SC and DACA - CJD - 11-13-2019, 09:07 AM