Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Could Free Up 86 Mil for New Players
Anyway, there is some Positive to my post. IF the Bengals can rebuild the Defense, and mind you Atkins & Dunlap are signed for a few more years. If they can take money and get talent on Defense. .....and IF they can rebuild the O Line.....mostly in the draft.....This could start to look like a Team again. Blocking, Tackling. ...Plus I'm sure they are looking for the franchise QB of the 2020's to lead the team to Wins. ...So they are in a position to free up salary cap and contracts to do that.

So it is a positive in that they are not locked into contracts like Raiders new GM was and he saw so much going to Carson Palmer to play for Arizona and so many other contract gaffs. The Raiders GM then saying not to expect much for a couple years do to some really bad contracts he inherited. The Bengals don't have that. They can get out from under 86 million if they wanted. I think it will be less as they sign maybe Mixon, WJ3 and some newer picks like that. Still, they are in a position to go out and get Defense, O Line, QB, as they build for 2020's Decade. So that really is a Positive. They can free up cap space over 15 months to bring in good young talent in 2020 and 2021. Some teams are too locked in on contracts to do that.

I hope they make positive moves. I want to go back to my old avatar of the Super Bowl Trophy if they turn things around. Super Bowl being the goal, not losing to get draft picks.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Could Free Up 86 Mil for New Players - kevin - 11-13-2019, 02:46 AM