Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-14-2019, 09:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: 1. I don't understand the whole hearsay thing. 2. Didn't Sondland say it was a quid pro quo? Wasn't he someone that was directly involved? And 3. why aren't we hearing from more direct people? 4. the answer to that is because the White House (Trump) is preventing them from testifying. So Republicans could make it so we have the people directly involved testify to what occurred. 5. Republicans could put them on the stand. But they aren't. Why would that be?
1. Hearsay isn't evidence so you can't impeach someone in it. 

2. His words have to be able to be cross-examined and what he says has to be verified. But this would be actual evidence and not hearsay.

3.  Because the transcript is already out

4. Who's being prevented from testifying? I haven't heard that and couldn't find anything from a few different google searches I just did.

5. The Ukraine President said he didn't know anything was being withheld, but I don't know that he would came testify. Taylor also testified Ukraine was unaware aid was being withheld, but he was already called as a witness by the Democrats.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - 6andcounting - 11-15-2019, 08:03 AM