Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-26-2015, 08:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Triple screening and genetic amniocentesis are currently available to test for chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome and birth defects like neural tube defects.  Parents can be faced with the difficult decision about whether to continue the pregnancy.  What is the liberal point of view on that?

Amniocentesis is not without risk and can result in miscarriage.  It is only performed in mothers with a high risk of birth defects, genetic abnormalities, or when the results my impact the management of the pregnancy.  Sexual orientation is none of those things.  Testing for sexual orientation would be like testing for your baby's eye color.  The risks would out weigh the benefits and I highly doubt such a test would be offered.

Furthermore, the majority of people who oppose homosexuality also oppose abortion mainly for religious reasons.  So what would be the lesser sin, aborting a fetus or raising a child you know will be homosexual?
Actually if they can prove it by DNA testing, then their would become a test. It might be very expensive (because you know someone's gotta make money off of it), and there would be a market for it.

backing up though, are you saying that they are "born that way" or not?

I'm not religious, and I oppose abortions as well.
Scientifically speaking Life is life.
Call it an embryo, blob of cells or whatever you like (and try to dehumanize it as much as you can).
It's part of the life cycle of a human and you are still killing a human being when you abort.

Now before you go off on the deep end. I'm ok with abortions if you were raped, or there is a good chance of either the mother or the child (or both) dying from birth complications, I would even concede birth defects.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - Mike M (the other one) - 05-28-2015, 07:14 PM