Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals make Bill Walsh HC and draft Joe Montana??
(11-17-2019, 11:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My entire point of this thread was to draw attention to the fact that the Bengals have been making bad football management decisions, and have been asking "what it", in regard to injured potential superstars, since very early in their existence.

Do the Bengals need a win?  Sure, as a fan it would make me at least feel like the players stuck on this team still have a little bit of professional pride.  However, the real problem isn't, and has never never been the players on the team.  With the exception of a very gifted few, most guys that are good enough to make it to the league are good enough to win with.  Other teams draft from the same talent pool, and develop raw talent into quality veterans.

No, the real problem is, and always has been ownership that operates as Football General Management.  

Indeed. Like the defense. I've posted stats that show it's the 3rd worst of all-time in yards per play given up.

The players on the defense aren't the 3rd worst roster ever created.

Bad management hires bad coaches who ruin players. Taylor isn't the cause of the dysfunction. He's a symptom of it. Good management would have never let an inexperienced coach put together an inexperienced staff. (And to think...some fans viewed it as good that Taylor got to pick his own staff.)

Odds that we're going to get a coach in here, that just does soo much good things that it outweighs all the mistakes made by this club...are small.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals make Bill Walsh HC and draft Joe Montana?? - THE PISTONS - 11-17-2019, 12:12 PM